Join us for Heroes without Capes 2023!
The Heroes Without Capes Awards event honors the people in our community who help protect children from abuse. The Children’s Advocacy Center has worked for over 25 years to ensure abuse ends and healing begins, but we know that it takes all of us to make that vision a reality. Awardees show us what it means to take on responsibility for safety, healing and compassion for children, while also ensuring accountability for abusers. The evening will be entertaining and elegant … a true celebration of the heroic, everyday efforts that make our community a safer place for children.
*** Ticket sales to attend the event are now closed ***
Heroes Without Capes Award Nomination Form
A winner for each category will be chosen and awarded.
The nomination period ended on March 31st, 2023!
Protecting children from abuse/neglect
- Stands in the way of abuse
- Educates caregivers/adults
- Creates a safe space for children
- Helps others recognize/report abuse
Helping children heal from abuse/neglect
- Supports children after the abuse
- Helps parents/caregivers support their child
- Provides healing services
Holding Abusers accountable
- Investigates or prosecutes interpersonal violence
- Considers the needs of the victim over prosecution
- Ensures fairness to the accused
Supporting those who help children
- Advocates for the needs of caregivers/professionals
- Addresses how personal experience colors this work
- Seeks balance between victim and caregiver needs
Dan Gregory Memorial Award
Professional dedication to child victims
- Job must be clearly focused on victim services, investigation, or child welfare
- Minimum 5 years in the field
- Goes “above and beyond” for child victims